Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Dear Papa,


Dear Papa, 

I don't know where to start today...
Your love for me.. Although it often surprises me.
It never ceases to amaze me.
Today I cried, because I knew you had laid me on the heart of someone else
I felt You answering their prayer for me. Oh that You love me this deeply.
How You can see the good in me that I can not seem to find.
I love that since I have given up protecting myself,
How much more I can see, and feel Your protection in every area of my life.
I love how You give me days of sunshine, days of rain, fog and even the storms.
I love how You give me the privilege of feeling Your feelings when it comes to others.
Papa, I love the way you hold me.
I love Your eyes, when they look at me, I feel so deeply loved.
Your love is like nothing that can be described,
I absolutely love the fact that You are a part of my DNA,
I love when my eyes are open and I can see You delight in Your creation.
I love the way You made me, to love music, to dance, to love flowers, 
long walks, and wild adventures.
Red wine, Whiskey, and coffee,
Thank You for my love of reading, and learning.
I love when I put my head on Your lap, that I can feel Your hand on my head.
I love that You walk with me, no matter where I go.
I marvel at Your creation, how You made all time, and every season,
How You make it rain, and things grow.
I stand in awe that You smile at some of my acts of stupidity,
Like I do at the children You have blessed me with.
And I love how much You love them.
I love how You make me laugh, and I love to hear Your laughter
I love the things, events, and season of my life that You choose to use to help me grow.
I love that when I fall off the “wagon” You leave me there for a while, but not for very long,
How when I lose sight of myself, You are still right there.
Thank You for every tear that I have had the honor of crying,
For every breath that I have had the privilege of breathing,
For every time I wake up in the morning,
I love how You love TODAY, because yesterday is
already gone, wrapped in grace!

Papa I love you!

No comments: